Friday, November 2, 2012

My Team Fortress story: Man Vs Nightmare!

    I play TF2... I play it way more than I should. This Halloween, they added a Man vs Man map at NIGHTMARE level. It's basically a long mob that you have to continually fight off again and again and again. I played many times and averaged about 10% of the level completed, max maybe 15%. Then, the root cause of my irritation.

    A normal group of guys and we all take the vital roles, should be good. Well, we coast through about 20% then spend the next 70% at goal, escaping failure by split seconds. Near the end, we're getting the upper hand, upgraded, full canteens and pushing them back. We're in the zone when the pyro, standing at the goal while defending what must be the last bot push, decides to say, let me air blast him. In the moment, it seemed right, they've been at the goal for a good minute, nearly ending our hour long effort...

  YOU HAVE FAILED, the announcer said! What happened? Nothing... In that split second of seemingly universal approval, we stop our barrage and watch as the pyro stands in front and ... does nothing. Air blast didn't work. Oh yea, air blast does have issues. Oh yea. Oh shit...


No comments: